It’s been about 10 days since I started the “Get Fit In The New Year… And For Life“ online class. It started out with a informative video on fitness and how not all exercise is created equal. Cardio is what I’ve been turning to for months now because it helped me get the weight off in the beginning. I think I’ve been working hard and certainly any exercise is better than no exercise but I want to work out smarter to get the most out of my hard effort. After reading the course material and watching the video, I’ve come up with an action plan for my fitness.
Fitness Action Plan
- Workout smarter. I’ve decided to start body weight exercises, in addition to the elliptical machine workout that I already do. I started reading the Nerd Fitness Blog which has some awesome information about body weight exercises. This really appeals to me because you can do it anywhere and you don’t need that much equipment. Right now a gym membership isn’t very practical for me.
- Eating smarter. I am on the Weight Watchers plan which has helped me keep track of my intake and limit what I eat. I’m slowing getting used to the plan. I do need to eat more veggies and fruits, as well as cut out soda and drink more water. I don’t drink a lot of soda but I would like to eliminate it in the near future.
I’ve decided to make a weekly schedule to work in 3 body weight workout days. I’ll make them for days where I can take the extra time if need be and breaks in between the body weight workouts.
- Sunday – Body Weight ( Nerdfitness – Beginner Body Weight Workout )
- Monday – Cardio ( 30 min interval training on elliptical )
- Tuesday – Body Weight ( Nerdfitness – Beginner Body Weight Workout )
- Wednesday – Cardio ( 30 min interval training on elliptical )
- Thursday – Body Weight ( Nerdfitness – Beginner Body Weight Workout )
- Friday – Break
- Saturday – Cardio (1 hour on the elliptical at steady low exertion )