I love shrimp cocktail and I really like the idea of making a meal out of it. This recipe was adapted from Simple Recipes, Shrimp Ceviche Recipe. I love the combination of lemon, lime and cilantro. My shrimp were kept whole and I added tomatoes. Avocados make a great addition to this cocktail, adding some creaminess. At only 6 Weight Watcher point this makes a nice light lunch or dinner.
- Shrimp Cooked - 16-20 Frozen, thawed
- Grape Tomatoes - Pint, cut in half
- Red Onion - 2 tbsp chopped
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - 1 small, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- Cilantro - Fresh, 1/4 cup chopped fine
- Avocado - 1 cubed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Lime Juice - 1 fresh squeezed
- Lemon Juice - 1 fresh squeezed
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - fresh cracked, to taste
- Thaw shrimp, then marinade shrimp in half the lemon and lime juice.
- Mix tomatoes, red onion, red hot chili peppers, cilantro and avocado in a bowl.
- Mix Olive oil and the rest of the lemon and lime juice in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables.
- Arrange vegetable mixture in individual servings.
- Drain shrimp and carefully nestle them into the vegetable mixture.