I’m not talking about the band here but since I brought it up, they are awesome aren’t they?
In the summer I bought a chili plant for my kitchen. I thought it would be nice to have a plant and I can use the chili peppers off of them to cook with. The only problem is the peppers all grow and ripen at the same time. So you are stuck with a lot of red hot chili peppers all at once.
In Mexico they dry peppers in the sun, since it’s not that hot here in Canada I thought it would work to slow dry them in the oven. Since it’s winter, I don’t feel too bad about the energy because it will keep the house warm.
Use these in chili or other dishes. You can crush them or put them whole into stews. Have fun, oh and listen to some Red Hot Chili Peppers while you are at it.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - A lot
- Lay out the peppers on a cookie sheet, making sure none of them overlap.
- Put your oven on for the lowest temperature possible. My oven is 200 degrees.
- Every few hours go and turn the peppers over.
- You know they are done because they are hard and have shrunk quite considerably.