This is the second part on Christmas cookies. These are so good but eat in moderation because there is a ridiculous amount of calories in just one. I believe it’s good to know what’s in your food and baking these yourself is the only way to know. These are another one of my Mother’s recipes from Christmas. They have nutmeg and rum flavours. Total Christmas flavour overload. Mmmm… They make good gifts as well.
- Butter - 1 cup
- Vanila Extract - 2 tsp
- Rum Extract - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Egg - 1
- All Purpose Flour - 3 cup
- Nutmeg - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Coloured Sugar or other decorations -
- Frosting - Recipe below
- Frosting Ingredients
- Butter - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Rum Extract - 2 tsp
- Confectioners Sugar - 2 cups
- Light Cream - 2 tbsp
- Cream butter with flavorings gradually beat in sugar then blend in egg.
- Mix together flour, nutmeg and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1" balls and flatten with a fork and put on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- Spread with frosting, then sprinkle with coloured sugar. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- Cream 1/3 cup butter with 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp rum extract.
- Blend in 2 cups confectioners sugar and 2 tbsp light cream.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.