I was looking for something for lunch today and didn’t want to go outside. It may be the first day of spring but the snow outside says otherwise. Looking through the pantry, I found some chickpeas and artichokes. I also had some grape tomatoes and olives. These are simple flavours but taste amazing together. The longer everything gets to mingle the better. This salad is pretty sturdy and would be good for packing in your lunch for work. You could change up the fresh herbs to whatever you have on hand. Basil and parsley would be great. It’s really important to rinse the chickpeas and artichokes. Canned vegetables have unnecessary sodium added to the fluid it’s packed in. Rinsing helps eliminate this.
- Chickpeas - 1 540ml Can- Drained and Rinsed
- Artichoke Hearts - 1 398 ml Can - Drained, Rinsed and Cut in Half
- Grape Tomatoes - 0.5 cup Cut in Half
- Kalamata Olives - 0.25 cup
- Cilantro - 0.25 cup coarsely chopped
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve.